Holiday Style & DIY with South First Home
The holiday season is in full swing which can only mean one thing: parties! If you’re entertaining this year and need last minute modern decor and hosting ideas then we’ve got you covered.
We have found the perfect holiday cocktail recipe and quick yet chic DIY that will be sure to impress all your guests. Throw in some of our fabulous contemporary furniture and you will have a soiree to be remembered!
Featured Holiday Cocktail: Pomegranate Moscow Mule
Moscow Mule photo and recipe credited to: California Grown
- 1/2 cup pomegranate flavored vodka
- 2 Tablespoons fresh pomegranate juice
- Ginger beer
- Fresh mint
- Copper mugs (for extra style!)
Stir in the vodka and pomegranate juice, then top off the copper mug with ginger beer. Add a sprig of mint and fresh pomegranates for a splash of color and, voila, you have the perfect holiday cocktail ready to serve!
You can also serve your tasty drinks and appetizers on some accents pieces to add an extra dose of glamour. Check out some of our own options below:
Featured Holiday DIY: Rustic Place Card Holders
Place Card Holders photo and how to credited to: Martha Stewart
- Floral shears
- Evergreen branches (about the thickness of a pencil)
- Hot-glue gun
- Card stock
- Calligraphy or felt-tip pen
- Small evergreen sprigs
- With floral shears, cut slim evergreen branches into 4-inch segments. Trim off any nubs.
- Holding two segments of about the same thickness, adjust them to fit together snugly -- this might require some twisting, turning, and further trimming.
- Turn pair of branches over; run a line of hot glue across the pair's width, 1/4 inch from each end. Let dry.
- Write a guest's name on a 1-by-2 1/2-inch piece of card stock.
- Slip place card into holder; tuck a small evergreen sprig into one end.
Now just make sure you have the right dining pieces to fit all your friends and family! We have plenty of options below including contemporary bar tables, bar stools and dining tables below.
All of our Moe's Home products are 20% off through Friday 12/23, so be sure to take advantage of these savings in time for the holiday!